Conroy Dance Centre is dedicated to providing the highest quality of dance and performing arts training in a friendly, positive and safe environment. Whilst encouraging each student to achieve their full potential, we strive to provide opportunities for a lifetime of memories, or potential career.
Conroy Dance Centre (CDC) is committed to creating an atmosphere that enables children and young people to learn and develop in a safe environment.
We recognise that it is a privilege to work with children and young people and that it is also a great responsibility. CDC will take appropriate steps to ensure that children and young people are not exposed to reasonably foreseeable risk of injury, whether to their physical or mental health, or well being. We are committed to the protection from harm and the safeguarding of all children and young people in our care, and believe that all children and young people deserve to be treated with respect and kindness, regardless of their age, gender, sexual orientation, race,
religion or disability.
Conroy Dance Centre Risk Management procedures are available to parents on request. All teachers and staff hold valid Blue Cards (Working with Children). Selected staff members are First Aid trained.
Our purpose built-studios are maintained to the highest of standards. We offer:
• Dance-safe sprung flooring with professional tarkett in all studios
• Large well-ventilated studios with temperature control (Air-conditioning & heating)
• Age specific waiting rooms
• Professional acrobatic equipment including tumbling mats, springboards & crash mat.
• Well-maintained first-aid and emergency facilities
• Professional sound equipment including over 12 hand-held & 8 headset wireless microphones, 2 pianos & 2 full keyboards
• Multiple large screen TVs & video equipment
All CDC teachers are trained to a high standard, and hold qualifications with internationally recognised dance/arts societies. Our teachers participate in Continued Professional Development, and in many instances are responsible for the instruction of other teachers in this capacity. Conroy Dance Centre will always ensure age-appropriate choreography, music, costuming and make-up for students.
CDC teachers value:
• Integrity in all professional and business relationships. Integrity implies not merely honesty but fair dealing, courtesy and consideration.
• Objectivity in all professional and business judgements, working in an open and cooperative manner with students and families.
• Competency in all professional work, teaching with due skill, care and proper regard for the technical and professional standards expected.
• Confidentiality, ensuring that information obtained in the course of their professional work is not disclosed without the consent of the pupil or parent, except where there is a legal right or duty to disclose.